Here is a delicious Ayurveda cooking recipe that has some nutritious earth elements and can be very grounding and balancing.
This one can be very warming and is especially good on a cold winter day.
Ingredients & Materials (serves 2-3 people):
1 small to medium yam (Chopped into small cubes or pieces)
1 small to medium potato (Chopped into small cubes or pieces)
2 pinches of fennel seed powder
1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
2 pinches of cardamom powder
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds
1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
2 tablespoons of finely grated coconut shreds
1/4 cup of raw or slightly roasted cashews (optional)
1 cup of fresh coconut milk
2 tablespoons of ghee
Method & Procedure:
1. Warm up the ghee on medium heat and sauté the coriander seeds, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel, and salt.
2. After you smell the aromas add the ginger and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and yam and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes
4. Add the coconut milk and simmer until the potatoes are slightly soft
5. Turn off the heat and add the coconut and cashews.
6. Add a dash of black pepper to finish.
7. Garnish with Cilantro
This Indian coconut curry recipe is an Ayurveda cooking recipe that can be used to rejuvenate and restore the body’s tissues. It can be used by all dosha or constitution types but is especially great food for Vata dosha due to the earth elements in this recipe. Enjoy!